30.3.10

Crafty sign making, Neon Orange Poster Board, & Cheap haircuts.


I saw this sign a few months ago downtown. And I walked by a few days ago and it was gone. It's weird taking pictures of things and having them not be there at another time. It's a somewhat difficult thing for me to grasp that life doesn't freeze and stay still whenever I leave a room or hop on the T. Coming back to a place and having it be different is always a strange experience and one I don't think I'll ever get used to.

Anyway, this sign is awesome for many reasons. First of all, it's about cheap haircuts, which I am ALL ABOUT. Second of all, it's on discount brand neon orange colored poster board. Anything on this medium (I call it a medium because everything created on it is a work of art) is fantastic and should be framed, like the example above. Finally, they obviously ran out of Cs and needed to cut a few O's or use parentheses to finish their sign. This is crafty and badass. When faced with a challenge, this men's hair cuttery rises to the occasion and makes it work. This is pure American ingenuity at work.

I was looking for a picture of a guy giving a thumbs up, and happened to find this picture of a guy dressed up as Uncle Sam giving two thumbs up on a beach. It's funny that I found this NOW, because a few weeks ago I really needed a picture of a guy dressed up as Uncle Sam giving two thumbs up on a beach but couldn't find one. I guess I should've searched harder on Punchstock, the internet's number one source for pictures of guys dressed up as Uncle Sam giving two thumbs up on a beach.

2 comments: